Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 27: At Sea

This crossing has been quite relaxing. How relaxing? Last night I forgot to move my clock forward, and when I realized that this morning, I wasn’t worried. My morning went at an easy pace and after a light lunch, I attended Dr. Keyser’s lecture on the tragic life of Judy Garland.

The lecture ended with a video of her in the familiar hobo costume singing a heart-wrenching performance of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” I remember meeting her once many years ago at a charity event. I’m glad I got to see that video today. It was surprisingly moving for everyone in the audience.

I took day off from gym and spa and enjoyed a simple, quiet afternoon. After tonight’s formal farewell dinner (for the passengers who are disembarking at Cape Town), the Captain hosted a formal reception. The highlight of the reception was the performance of the World Cruise Chorus. The audience especially appreciated their singing of the South Africa song Cho Cho Losa.

Tomorrow: At Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment