Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2: At Sea

Today was our first day at sea. I took the morning at a leisurely pace and lingered over coffee with the Virtuoso Voyage Club Hosts, Brian and Judy Robertson. Brian and I reminisced highlights of our longtime friendship, including our first cruise together 20 years ago from Hawaii to LA. Our first Voyager Club cocktail party is scheduled for Thursday evening, and for the first time I will meet the Virtuoso passengers - there are about 50 onboard - who have embarked on this World Cruise with us.

I spent the afternoon settling into my stateroom and resting. The Serenity's Chief Electrical Engineer joined my table for dinner this evening. He and I have similar maritime backgrounds, including training aboard submarines. I look forward to talking with him further, and he has already made plans to return for dinner several times in the weeks ahead.

After dinner I attended the Captain's Formal Reception, then on to the first musical show of the cruise, Million Dollar Musicals. It was an outstanding full production of movie musical moments, masterfully performed by the 8-member cast and 2 lead performers who make up The Crystal Ensemble of Singers and Dancers. As with everything Crystal Cruises does, it was planned, choreographed and executed with excellence in every detail. Don't ask me which number was my favorite - I enjoyed them all, including selections from Fidler on the Roof, A Chorus Line, Hello Dolly, and My Fair Lady.

We cross our first time zone tonight. Tomorrow is another day at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment