Monday, January 11, 2010

The Crystal World Cruise is underway

I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time, and I was not disappointed. After a delightful overnight stay in a spacious suite at the Mandarin Oriental Miami, I awoke to a day of sunshine and clear skies, the perfect day to embark on a grand world cruise. At 1:00 PM I left the hotel in an SUV (I had too many bags to fit into a sedan) and headed to Terminal J at the Port of Miami. Although there were quite a few cruise ships in the port, I was able to spot the Serenity from quite a distance. The Crystal Cruises team executed their boarding process flawlessly, affording my fellow passengers and me a pleasant and almost effortless start on our journey.

I took a short rest in my stateroom and then made my way to the Crystal Deck (deck 5) for the launch party. It was a true celebration with music, dancing, champagne, balloon and a never-ending stream of confetti. Amongst all the confetti and balloons I met up with Brian and Judy Robertson, our Virtuoso Voyager Club hosts for the cruise.

My onboard assistant, Donna, and I had the good fortune to be seated at a window table for the late (8:30) dinner. Midway through our appetizers, I realized the ship was underway. It had quietly begun to ease forward. A pilot boat tracked our ship just outside the window for several minutes, then pulled away and we were headed to sea.

Tomorrow: a day at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment